Malby Architects and Interior Designers is an innovative multi-disciplinary practice working in both new-build Architecture and Interior Design.
The practice is currently working on commercial, hospitality, cultural and residential projects. We undertake design work to new and existing buildings, including interior design and furniture design for both the public and private sectors.
The practice is directed by Nic Malby who is a Chartered Architect and has over twenty years experience in diverse building types in the UK and overseas. Prior to founding Malby Architects, Nic worked for Richard Rogers Partnership in London and Renzo Piano Building Workshop in Italy. At these practices Nic worked on many residential and commercial developments where he gained the expertise that he can now bring to bear on smaller projects in a more cost effective fashion.
“I continue to enjoy working with Malby Architects who always deliver innovative design solutions for my various projects. They are a friendly practice who always put the Clients best interests first.”
“…..Malby Architects developed our brief into a contemporary design appropriate to our existing Park Inn by Radisson at Northampton. They responded quickly to issues as they arose on site and we are more than happy with the end result. We would be happy to use them again.”
“Malby Architects took great pains to examine our existing property and adapted it with great sensitivity and creativity. We worked with them in great harmony and much appreciated their subsequent plans they presented to us. They were always amenable to our needs and consulted us at every stage. They showed great professionalism and care resulting in an extremely desirable property which we are enjoying in great comfort and are delighted with. We would have no hesitation whatsoever in recommending them.”
Our services can include any or all of the following:
- Strategic Definition – identifying the Clients core project requirements at an initial informal meeting.
- Preparation and Brief – developing the brief and undertaking feasibility studies. Helping the client with the appointment of any other consultants that may be required.
- Concept Design – preparing concept design and outline proposals. These can be in the form of sketches, physical or computer models. Advising on the potential costs of the project.
- Detailed Design– Preparation of a final agreed scheme including coordination with other consultants. Preparing and submitting a Planning Application if required.
- Technical Design – preparing technical design to include input from other consultants. Issuing the tender information to builders for pricing. Obtaining Building Regulations approval if required.
- Construction – Site inspections during construction period and contract administration if required.
- Handover and close out – handover of building and conclusion of Contract.